THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
From beginnings in 1992 providing outsourced printing and mailing services, our client has evolved to focus on digital and software solutions. Today, it offers the most complete and integrated suite of cloud-based customer experience management solutions available on the market. The portfolio includes billing and payments, alerts and preference management, mobile apps, and utility mapping solutions. Our client provides performance-driven value to more than 325 clients and their customers across North America.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the CEO and working with the senior management team, SVP’s primary responsibility is to generate revenue by increasing sales through successful marketing for the entire organization, using market research, pricing, product marketing, marketing communications, advertising and public relations.
- Evaluate, develop, direct and execute effective marketing plans and strategies consistent with the company’s overall strategic objectives.
- Provide ongoing direction, performance management and developmental support of the marketing team in all functional areas. Focus the marketing team to drive the business to increased revenue generation, growth, sector leadership, and ultimately profitability;
- Develop and execute a strategic marketing plan that results in substantial revenue growth for the organization, and continues to build equity in the company’s brand
- Partner with Sales to drive effective prospecting through vertical and role specific sales enablement campaigns
- Implement and execute a robust demand generation and lead nurturing engine, resulting in qualified leads and opportunities that translate to top-line revenue growth
- Own and maintain the annual marketing plan and budget
- Remain abreast of competitive offerings, best practices, pricing and distribution strategies. Make recommendations to ensure positioning of existing technologies is optimized.
- Work with the product development teams on product marketing strategies and the execution of those strategies.
- Performing market research, market validation and whitespace analysis to identify new opportunities for existing and new products
- Foster close relationships with all key market constituents (customers, non-customers, analyst and competitors) to validate product strategy
- Lead and supervise all events including trade show activities and annual client events.
- Oversee/complete competitive analysis against key criteria. Identify, analyze and distill customer requirements into a prioritized set suitable to achieve the business goals of the company.
- Maintain close oversight of market analyses to develop and provide market requirements in response to customer needs, and market opportunities
- Understand the thorough business case for proposed products and initiatives, including cost/benefit estimates, market trends, competitive analysis, risk analysis, industry best practices and product development timelines. Establish selection criteria for product opportunities.
- Collaborate with the product development teams to ensure consistent execution of product plans that result in product delivery on time, on budget
- Provide ongoing direction, performance management and developmental support of the product marketing team. Focus the team to drive the business to increased revenue generation, growth, sector leadership, and ultimately profitability;
- Ensure that company is represented at relevant external activities such as industry trade shows, customer meetings/presentations and standard body conferences.
- Proactive member of the senior management team involved with M&A analysis and activities.
- Proven experience developing lead / demand generation program & strategies for a B2B software or software-related company
- At least 15 years’ experience managing the strategic development and execution of marketing activities in a software enabled services environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field required; MBA, preferred
- Knowledgeable with ‘on-premise’ and cloud-based software solutions
- Solid experience with lead generation and digital marketing campaigns
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; able to work with all levels of internal staff, clients and prospective clients
- Exhibit strong project management, planning and budgeting skills
- Certified in Pragmatic Marketing PM methodology is an asset
- Excellent in written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project)
- Familiar with CRM systems
- Highly detail-oriented
- Able to work on multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously
- Capable of handling confidential client and company information
- A self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and ownership over projects and deliverables
- Able to plan and execute the product strategy
- Have proven business and market planning skills
- Established a record of driving market adoption