THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
Account Executive: CanadaStoneWood Group has been retained for the search for Client’s first Canadian-based Account Executive. In support of this search, this career profile provides an overview of the organization and the position’s: scope, duties and responsibilities, and preferred experience and education.
Client is a leading provider of software, hardware and services for consumers and producers of energy. The comprehensive suite of integrated products and services help utilities, government entities and Fortune 500 retailers develop and execute smart energy strategies that improve operational efficiency and maximize savings.
The company is headquartered in United States, and has various offices throughout North America.
Under general direction, the Account Executive would be responsible for the sale Client’s solutions to multi-site enterprises. He/she would promote the Client value proposition to executive level decision makers by providing comprehensive technology solutions for the customer’s business and operational needs. This Account Executive is expected to build and manage long term customer relationships/partnerships with key and target enterprises. He/she is also responsible for closing large, complex sales.
The Commercial salesperson executes the sales process to aid in cultivating and managing long-term relationships and in seeking out, qualifying and closing new sales opportunities. He/she would be expected to utilize sales tools to document progress as well as increase business opportunity in accounts. The person in this position seeks to expand the depth and breadth of offerings within that account and selects customer pursuit teams for major opportunities by combining members from other functional areas.
This position can be located in any major Canadian center with closes ties to Client’s target commercial customers (e.g. retail chains, quick service restaurants, commercial buildings. etc).
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Sell, with minimal supervision, the Client offerings persuasively, persistently and confidently to decision makers at the manager, director or C-level while reaching optimal profit levels. Manage ongoing sales process, develop relationships, respond to and anticipate customer needs with a focus on selling bundled solutions where applicable.
• Build partnering relationships with prospects and customers responsible for the decision making process to drive the system technology sales of Client offerings. Actively listen, probe and identify concerns. Understand the customer’s business and speak their language.
• Seek out, target and initiate contact with key contacts responsible for the decision making of solutions purchases in target markets. Develop network of contacts. Address customer’s operational and financial objectives, needs and requirements. Recommend solutions and link customer objectives to total value solution and competitive advantage.
• Utilize applicable sales tools effectively (SalesForce) to plan, communicate and document progress as well as increase business opportunity in accounts. Manage process steps of the pipeline with a focus on next steps, action items and milestone dates.
• Keep management informed of progress and account status. Know when to call for assistance from upper management to keep the sales process moving.
• Attend and present at trade shows. Participate in professional organizations.
• Prepare customer-specific sales plan including:
o Customer profit and share goals for the Client products and services
o Proposed product and service offerings and their associated timing
o Customer contact and relationship development strategy
• Work with Market and Product Management to develop customer-specific product and service proposals, pricing and/or promotional offerings
Experience and Educational Requirements
• Minimum of 10 years of progressive field sales experience at the C-level
• Commercial customer experience and relationships (e.g. retail chains, quick service restaurants, box retailers, and commercial buildings).
• Energy management experience is a strong asset.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or a related discipline is required, ideally combined with an MBA.
Travel will be primarily in Canada; the degree of which is dependent on the candidate’s proximity to Client’s target clients.
Some US travel may be required (i.e. to Client HQ or trade events).
Remuneration and Benefits
Compensation and benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications