THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a world leader in the design, development and manufacture of advanced LiDAR and camera survey instruments for airborne, mobile and terrestrial mapping. Widely recognized for its technological depth in LiDAR and related technologies, including photogrammetry, GPS, inertial measurement systems, and waveform digitization, our client has empowered commercial, government, military and space-based organizations with fast, accurate and cost-effective solutions. Our client has extensive experience in deploying systems in challenging environments, including aircraft, vehicles, rail, marine, underground mines as well as in space.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the President, the Vice President of Sales and Marketing shall be responsible for planning, directing and executing the development of sales processes and managing the day-to-day activities of the sales and marketing organization. The individual will develop national and international sales targets and goals and ensure that these along with specific customer segment targets are met or exceeded.
- Own company top line performance and growth. Continually refine and execute effective sales plans that will lead to consistent achievement of monthly, quarterly and yearly sales targets for net new business, along with client expansion and retention.
- Track, analyze and report key pipeline, opportunity, forecast, and sales productivity metrics and distill insights to improve sales strategies and tactics.
- Participate in the company’s strategy planning sessions bringing forward innovative ideas and plans in an attempt to bring the company to the next level.
- Refine sales metrics and KPIs while developing and implement enhanced sales processes to monitor accurate sales funnels and forecasts. These should be appropriate to the company’s size while being able to scale with the company.
- Evaluate the entire sales organization and oversee any required re-assignment of resources and the hiring of new personnel, with the objective of developing a high-performance sales organization, appropriate for the company’s maturity/size.
- As key contributor of executive team, willingness to share and challenge ideas.
- Manage administrative aspects of the role including territory alignment, compensation planning, performance management, recruiting, on-boarding, virtual-benching, etc.
- Review and manage distributor relationships.
- Maintain and enhance existing customer relationships while developing strategies for expanding the company’s customer base.
- Developing and manage all marketing activities to include: web and print advertising, product literature, trade shows, and promotion of products through technical journal article development.
- Develop pricing policies, including volume discounts and terms and conditions, for high-profile customers and channel partners.
- Where appropriate, act as a spokesperson for the company with press and analysts and at industry events.
- Evaluate and improve current strategic alliance agreements, as well as identify and develop new strategic alliances, and enable the channels to close/grow new major customer accounts.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance measures will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Vice President, Sales at:
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Developing & Coaching Others
Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of employees. Challenges others to improve their abilities and actively supports their development. Continually provides timely and constructive feedback, coaching and challenging learning opportunities. Adjusts coaching style based on each employee’s ability and motivation level.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Adopts an energetic approach. Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks. Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Superior relationship building and nurturing skills and an ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders.
- 10+ years experience selling LiDAR and/or imaging technologies or geospatial products for a variety of applications with a minimum of 5+ years in a sales leadership role.
- Process oriented, quantitative and results driven combined with strong organizational skills. Proven success using sales framework such as a deal dashboards Strategic Selling, etc.
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability, and achieve results in a growing company.
- Global experience with a proven track record with long sales cycle environments.
- Willingness to travel globally.
- Bachelor degree required with an MBA preferably.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive base plus variable salary.