THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Client
Our client is a world leading, technology company that has grown over multiple decades. The Company: develops, manufactures, sells, and supports hardware-based products and systems into a multi-hundred million dollar market, and has been recognized as the segment leader by two major market research organizations. The firm’s products and services are marketed and sold through global distribution channels which consist of: OEMs, systems integrators, and distributors. The company is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada and is a subsidiary of a publicly traded company, also renowned in their segment.
Reporting to Client Corporation’s General Manager, the Director, CS&S is responsible for leading two groups: Customer Service which supports Client’s products in North America, working directly or through various partners, as well as elsewhere around the world through Client’s regional offices and partners, and Systems which provides custom, integrated security solutions for the Canadian market.
The overall team offers a range of services such as: system design and site planning, project management, on-site installation supervision, commissioning, training, documentation, and post sales support.
Key Responsibilities (directly or through the leadership of his/her team)
Business and Personnel Management
- works closely with the Client’s global team to help further profitably grow CS&S revenues and customer satisfaction in line with the business plan objectives
- recruits, motivates, and develops high calibre team members, while evaluating their performance and maintaining attrition levels below the industry average
- manages the group’s workload, and leads the team, including external partners when appropriate, to efficiently deliver high quality service in accordance with the developed operational budget
System Design and Site Planning, Project Management, On-site Installation Supervision, Commissioning, Training, and Documentation
- provides service and systems-related commercial and technical proposal input and appropriately responds to ad hoc service queries
- may review, assess, and negotiate some aspects of partner or customer contracts
- leads the team to deliver the range of services noted above, as well as post sales support
Post Sales Support
- ensures service-related field issues are qualified, tracked, and appropriately resolved, establishing the required arbitration methods and communication channels, and working with other internal groups as required (e.g. finance, engineering, operations, product management) while balancing the commercial needs of the business
- ensures the development and implementation of policies, procedures, quality standards, and monitoring systems to track issues and compliance, and maintain defined customer service levels and satisfaction metrics
- helps enhance and develop new service offerings and provides input to product program roadmaps and development plans
Preferred Education and Experience
- a related college or university degree or comparable experience
- a minimum of 10 years customer service experience in an international, technology-based environment, at least 5 of which in a management capacity including remote staff
- experience managing medium/large project deployments ($300K to $3M+)
- proficiency in CRM systems (Maximizer preferred)
- security industry experience is an asset
Location and Travel
This position is based at corporate headquarters in Ottawa, Canada. Business trips to visit Client’s global offices, partners, and clients and will amount to an approximate15% travel commitment.