THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
Based in St. John’s, Newfoundland, our Client is a highly specialized software engineering company that provides a variety of IP cores for OTN, SONET/SDH and Ethernet applications to major telecom equipment manufacturers and ASSP vendors around the globe.
Scope of Position
Client is growing rapidly, and is currently seeking a qualified Systems Engineer to be a part of their technical team. Reporting to the Systems Engineering Manager, the Systems Engineer will be responsible for translating customer requirements and standards-based requirements into internal product-related documentation. The successful candidate will also be responsible for attending and contributing to various standards bodies such as the ITU-T and the IEEE. This latest addition to the Client team will be a key interface between external customers, and internal Sales, Marketing and Engineering teams.
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience and qualifications:
• Degree in Engineering or equivalent educational qualifications
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Strong technical writing abilities
• Strong communication skills
• Strong team-oriented work ethic
• Knowledge of Optical Transport Networks (OTN), SONET/SDH, Ethernet and related protocols
• Understanding of hardware descriptive languages such as Verilog/VHDL would be considered an asset
• Willingness to travel on a limited basis (2-3 times per year)
• Desire to work with world-class technologies and people in delivering value for our customers.
competitive base + bonus + benefits