THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Client
In business since 2001, Client helps developers create more secure and reliable software. Their tools analyze source code on-the-fly, simplify peer code reviews, and extend the life of complex software. Over 1000 customers, including the biggest brands in the mobile device, consumer electronics, medical technologies, telecom, automotive, military and aerospace sectors, have made Client part of their software development process.
Headquartered in Canada with office in US. It is a privately-held and cash flow positive company.
About the Role
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Vice-President – Product Marketing is responsible for developing, implementing and executing on all product plans and marketing strategies and programs on behalf of Client. This will include being accountable for all activities related to product definition, market development, pricing, product launch, channel marketing, branding, public relations, marketing communications and programs. The Vice-President – Product Marketing will also be responsible for product management including defining the product roadmap, feature/function and lifecycle matters that affect marketing. As a key member of the senior management team, the Vice-President – Product Marketing will be expected to possess general management skills as it relates to the overall leadership and direction of the company.
Reporting to the Vice-President – Product Marketing will be the web properties manager, product managers and programs/events manager.
The successful candidate will bring a demonstrated ability to:
- Translate market needs in the form of a product strategy and integrate into a comprehensive market plan including product definition, pricing and R&D priorities
- Oversee/complete competitive analysis against key criteria. Identify, analyze and distill customer requirements into a prioritized set suitable to achieve the business goals of the company
- Build and present business cases to support new market entries or product development initiatives. Establish selection criteria for product opportunities
- Become intimate with the business model for the primary channels
- Take “ownership” of and spearhead the creation of branding, product related and competitive positioning
- Develop and nurture relationships with key customers. Present and engage with customers at both a technical and business level
- Develop strong relationships across the industry sector through establishing partnerships, joint ventures, alliances and/or technology licensing agreements
- Oversee and direct product launch strategies with clear, concise, exciting messaging to the marketplace
- Devise and deliver effective selling tools to support sales channels such as demos, presentations, collateral, competitive analysis and objection handling
- Develop new market opportunities serially as it relates to Client’s markets
- Responsible for sales training and SE training
- Responsible for the web design, creation and content
- Leverage social media as an effective tool to reach, educate and communicate with developers in our core markets
Requisite Education/ Experience
- University graduate with at least 10 years relevant experience in senior marketing roles
- Strong knowledge and proven experience marketing B2B software solutions globally
- Previous experience in the embedded market or development tools market
- Ability to ‘see the future’ for purposes of successfully delivering new products and identifying new vertical markets
- Prior experience developing and implementing marketing strategies, including pricing, programs, events
- Strong organization, planning and time management skills
- Ability to develop relationships with key internal and external contacts
- Proven experience in effectively positioning a company for growth