THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Client is the world’s leading provider of advanced digital distribution and management solutions that enable the secure delivery of digital resources to individuals, businesses, and organizations anywhere in the world. Client simplifies the process of delivering any digital good to any market under virtually any terms and conditions. Over 60,000 academic institutions and departments trust Client to manage and distribute software to their students, faculty and staff. The company distributes software and other digital resources to millions of users in over 185 countries.
Scope of Position
New leadership of the company has recognized the tremendous growth opportunity for Client, which starts with the creation of a Vice President of Sales position. Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Sales is an accomplished leader possessing exceptional skills and experience in sales and management. The successful candidate will lead the Sales Team and serve as an integral member of the senior management team. Our ideal candidate is a big picture thinker with the ambition and passion to deliver innovative solutions.
- Responsible for revenue generation and strategic partnerships development and management.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team helps to develop and execute short, medium and long-term strategy.
- Develops strategies and tactics for sales team from lead generation to closing.
- Identifies new business opportunities, new markets, new products, new target clients, etc.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other divisions of the corporation in establishing and carrying out responsibilities.
- Creates plans for new areas of sales and business development that support the existing and new business line functions.
- Develops, reviews and approves the setting of budgets throughout the division.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Vice President, Sales:
Recognizes when change is necessary; Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives; Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change; Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results.
Adopts an energetic approach; Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks; Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision; Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances; Takes a long-term view of organizational success; Works to clarify long term organizational goals; Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles; Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment; Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Has a reputation for execution and delivery; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve/exceed them.
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- 10-15 years of leadership and sales management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma from an accredited university or college in a related field.
- Proven track record of scaling significant growth of a small to medium sized company.
- Possesses knowledge of competitive products and markets.
- Proven track record in the continued success in generating new business.
- Experience in technology, education or related industries is preferred.
- Proven experience building, growing and developing sales team.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrates ability to think creatively and exhibits awareness of best sales practices and methods.
- Ability to lead and work well with a team.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Maintains a professional but confident and outgoing demeanor.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Ability to travel for work as needed.
- Have a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Full time position.
- A rewarding work environment with excellent earning potential with a potential to participate in the company bonus plan.
- Potential to participate in the company option plan.
- Great benefits, development programs and career growth.
- Participate in a company sponsored meal plan.
- A chance to be part of an exceptional team of people and contribute to an environment where innovation and initiative are encouraged and rewarded.