THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
Our Client is $100 M industrial services company in Canada. The company provides remediation, restoration and reconstruction services nationwide. The corporation is made up of established and reputable companies across Canada, and is extremely proud of its entrepreneurial and regional heritage. The corporate structure gives it scale, stability, and capabilities unsurpassed in Canada, and its regional and local expertise keeps it connected to its communities.
With over 1,100 employees, 40+ locations and 20 affiliate partners, coast-to-coast coverage, 24/7 emergency service and a commitment to customer service, the company proudly serves the residential, commercial and industrial sectors.
Scope of Position
To facilitate the continuing growth our client is looking to add a VP Sales to the senior management team.
Reporting to the CEO and the divisional managers, heading up a sales team of approximately eight professionals individuals, the VP Sales will be responsible for:
Lead Strategic Sales
- Contributing to the overall senior management team of the business.
- Collaborating with the executive team to develop short- and long-term strategic plans, including the preparation of annual business plans.
- Developing execution strategies and tactics to support strategic plans at the divisional, regional, and international levels.
- Devising and deploying all sales goals and objectives across the organization, including the preparation of sales quotas and budgets.
- Integrating and aligning sales strategies with available talent, processes, IT systems, and other areas to increase sales force capability and success.
- Developing and implementing quarterly and/or annual sales plans, policies, and programs for all sales managers.
- Planning and executing trade show appearances.
- Creating product segmentation strategies where needed to maximize business opportunities across various sales channels. Developing a national and regional plan for each key customer.
- Providing input to operations and the senior team from sales on growth, competitive analysis, market trends and business environment. Being the integrated voice of the customer.
- Achieving financial and budget targets.
- Conducting regular analysis on pricing effectiveness and recurring trends; creating actionable item lists based on findings.
- Conducting sales forecasts and weekly and/or monthly status reports.
- Responsible for collection of accounts receivable in conjunction with A/R staff to ensure rapid and effective collection.
- Complying with established policies, SOP’s, and best practices.
- Coordinating all RFP responses to customers
- Developing, managing, and nurture new business accounts and partnerships to accomplish profit and volume goals.
- Maximizing relationships with key partners.
- Communicating brand identity internally, with key business partners, and the customer base.
- Managing the activities and performance of all sales units, including regional managers, account managers, and staff.
- Creating training and development plans for sales managers.
- Conducting analysis to manage sales performance against corporate objectives and market developments
The following competencies listed below define the role of Vice-President Sales at our client.
Recognizes when change is necessary; Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives; Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change; Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively; Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to own point of view; Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others; Mobilizes people into action.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service; Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs; Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints; Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- 10+ years of direct work experience in a senior management capacity in sales.
- Ideally in a related industry such as industrial services or construction.
- Worked at a senior manager level for a company with a recognized leading and professional sales force.
- Strong experience in all aspects of sales, including growth strategies, account development, and business planning.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct sales forces and work in a matrix and team environment
- MBA or equivalent experience
- Professional development with continuing education in sales