THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Serving clients globally across a wide range of industries, our client is a leading provider of enterprise learning management solutions. Enabled by artificial intelligence, our client’s learning management system allows its customers to deliver unparalleled automated and personalized learning experiences that turn learning into a competitive advantage.
With operations across North America and Europe, our client is led by a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial and proven leadership team and is well positioned to continue its explosive growth and success.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the company’s Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President, Finance will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day global financial function and reporting on those matters in a timely and accurate fashion. The successful candidate will be accustomed to dealing with complex reporting issues and be a strong resource for various internal and external stakeholders.
In addition, the candidate will support the Company through its IPO process which is already underway.
The successful individual will contribute to the growth and profitability of the business while maintaining and adhering to the operational requirements through the reporting function.
- Prepare, coordinate and lead all reporting to the Board, Audit Committee, shareholders, lenders and other stakeholders
- Responsible for the external financial reporting including financial statements, MD&A and investor presentation, as appropriate;
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide IFRS/US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner
- Communicate and explain accounting issues and evolving accounting guidance to all relevant stakeholders
- Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor alignment with company decisions on accounting disclosures, and issues
- Assist in the coordination of annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors
- Create, implement and maintain comprehensive accounting policies and controls to improve clarity and consistency
- Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements
- Perform continuous assessment of the close process and process re-engineering to reduce the timing to close the financial period
- Oversee month end and year end closing
- Assist team members with using existing, and developing new, metrics to measure performance, and ensure systems and processes are in place to provide timely and accurate information to support them
- Work in cooperation with business line managers to maintain relevant KPIs and metrics and ensure that the processes that are in place provide timely and accurate information
- Directing all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting
- Coordination and review of complex accounting issues
- Lead the integration of acquisitions from a financial perspective into current accounting systems
- Identify innovative process efficiencies and take the lead in their implementation.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Vice President, Finance:
Adopts an energetic approach. Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks. Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Consults widely for business or technical advice, probes for facts and obtains information from a wide variety of sources. Differentiates the critical from the irrelevant or trivial.
Draws parallels across situations and contexts. Divides problems into their individual elements. Develops several explanations or alternatives. Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Commerce or Administration with CPA or equivalent designation;
- A minimum of 5-7 years of hands-on experience in financial reporting for public companies
- Experience with international accounting reporting standards
- Experience working in highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced and demanding environments; experience working in a publicly traded company
- Preference will be given to individuals with prior experience with IPO preparedness/readiness
- An analytical, detail oriented, team player that adapts well to change, controller related experience a distinct benefit
- Ability to work independently and multi-task under pressure
- Outstanding communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
Remuneration & Benefits
- A generous compensation package commensurate with experience will be discussed with serious and qualified candidates.