About the Company
Publicly listed, our client is redefining the way enterprises leverage technology to create and manage content, deliver training, and understand the business impact of their learning experiences. With our client’s multi-product learning suite, enterprises around the world are equipped to tackle any learning challenge and create a true learning culture within their organization.
With an opportunity to be impactful, the successful candidate will bring a resourceful ‘own it, solve it’ mindset in helping the company continue its impressive growth trajectory.
Scope of the Position
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Legal Officer will provide a clear and collaborative voice on all legal matters facing the company and activities required as a public company including responsibility for all corporate/commercial agreements, employment, compliance, securities, governance, privacy, regulatory and IP matters relating to business activities and any litigation facing the company.
- Negotiate and draft a diverse range of commercial agreements including external agreements, contractor agreements, product addendums, services agreements, software license agreements and supplier agreements
- Provide comprehensive, accurate and practical advice regarding various legal issues including corporate/commercial, employment, regulatory, securities, privacy, and IP matters
- Monitor and keep abreast of legal developments and legislative changes that may impact business and company goals
- Coordinate and assist with the development and revision of global company policies to ensure corporate compliance with internal and external regulations, policies and legislation
- Engage with and provide counsel to board of directors, executive management team and other key stakeholder groups on complex legal matters
- Develop and implement company-wide contract review and management process to ensure consistency and efficiency across the organization, including formalizing company standard agreements, internal policies on approvals and contract management system
- Build and advise on the company’s IP strategy and work to build a robust patent portfolio
Preferred Experience and Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Law degree with a minimum of 10+ years of experience with a law firm or as in-house counsel.
- Demonstrative experience managing an IP portfolio and patents from idea through to patent.
- Strong understanding of corporate/commercial law.
- Overall broad legal knowledge on corporate governance, technology, compliance, data privacy and employment.
- Experience and deep knowledge working with TSX issuers is required and experience with NASDAQ issuers highly desired.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and ethical decision-making with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure with strong attention to detail, effectively multi-task and adhere to many concurrent deadlines.
- A bias for action, burning desire to succeed with an ability to reduce complex legal issues into basic business language.
- An analytical, detail oriented, team player experienced working in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation package tailored to the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact: