THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the company
Headquartered in Toronto, our client is a major global financial institution with over 50,000 employees around the world. Our client offers a full range of financial products and services to approximately 22 million customers worldwide through four key business lines.
Our client ranks among the world’s leading online financial services firms, with approximately 8.5 million online customers and trades on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges.
Reporting to the CIO Corporate Segment, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall design, and delivery of the new enterprise application replacing 15 current applications. The initial timeline for this program is expected to be approximately three years and have a budget of at least $50MM. The general accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee and manage all relevant program Technology efforts across the organization.
- Lead and supervise a team of approximately 50 IT professionals including full time employees, vendor staff, and off-shore development teams.
- Work with Finance to ensure a fit for purpose solution is designed.
- Responsible for the delivery of required technology components on time.
- In partnership with Finance, responsible for delivering on the business case.
- Implement and execute strong technology governance and oversight.
- Working with the Program Management team, institute a scope and change request challenge process.
- Streamline and consolidate vendor management to reduce costs
- Manage the technology team responsible for business analysis, solution design and technical analysis.
Oversee the delivery of any central technology development.
Key Competency Profile
Candidates should exhibit the following competency profile.
- Adapts management style to achieve optimum results
- Clarifies roles and responsibilities
- Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction
- Comprehends communications from others and responds appropriately
- Expresses ideas in a clear, fluent and concise manner
- Written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience
- Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change
- Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives
- Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results
- Recognizes when change is necessary
- Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision
- Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances
- Takes a long-term view of organizational success
- Works to clarify long term organizational goals
- Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively
- Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others
- Mobilizes people into action
- Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to own point of view
Key Candidate Qualifications
- Large scale program management experience is essential for this opportunity, preferably dealing with ERP programs or complex financial applications.
- Experience dealing with senior executives in a large multinational enterprise.
- International experience including projects with multiple currencies is critical.
- Experience in the financial services sector would be very highly valued.
- A financial designation would be helpful but is not essential.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Advanced education in computer science, applied mathematics / statistics, engineering, physics, applied sciences considered an asset.
This role is located in Toronto and will require some travel.
Remuneration & Benefits
Highly competitive, industry-leading package comprised of base salary, performance bonus and company benefits package.