HIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Headquartered in Toronto, our client is a major global financial institution with over 85,000 employees around the world. The Company serves over 22 million customers operating in a number of locations around the globe.
Scope of Position
Reporting to a Vice President of Risk Solutions and Shared Services Technology, the successful candidate will oversee a team IT professionals responsible for the overall design and delivery of the company’s major enterprise risk applications known internally as Risk Information Strategy for the Enterprise (RISE). More specifically, this role will:
- Oversee and manage all RISE technology efforts across the organization; driving the program to completion and into business as usual operations in 2016. For 2015, this means delivering on a $20mm plan.
- Work with the corporate risk team, architecture to ensure a fit for purpose solution is designed.
- Be responsible for the delivery of required technology components on time and within approved funding.
- In partnership with the corporate risk team, ensure that the enterprise is in compliance with related legislation.
- Act as a single point of contact for all RISE technology. Build strong relationship with infrastructure, architecture, information excellence, security and other delivery partners.
- Manage a large diverse technology team responsible for business analysis, solution design and technical analysis.
- Directly manage the delivery of any central technology delivery including design, development, testing and deployment.
- Implement and execute strong technology governance and oversight.
- Working with the Program Management team, institute a scope and change request challenge process.
- Manage all technology vendor relationships. Streamline and consolidate vendor management to drive down costs.
- Ensure consistent application of established PM methodologies in alignment with the enterprise PMO.
- Manage the department cost centre (ensure cost centre is fully recovered), P&L and capitalization and other department expenses.
- Ensure invoices and contracts are reconciled and processed for payment.
- Develop and implement appropriate specific risk-based internal control, measures and monitoring mechanisms; operate within limits of delegated authorities and responsibilities; self-assess, monitor and report on risk issues; and provide training and promote awareness of risk and controls within the business;
- Ensure that strategic initiatives and directives are carried out effectively with comprehensive change management strategies;
- Provide oversight and independent challenge functionality to business leaders through review, inquiry and discussion;
- Develop, communicate and execute governance, risk and control policies and processes;
- Monitor and report on compliance with risk appetite and policies.
Key Competency Profile
Candidates should exhibit the following competency profile.
- Comprehends communications from others and responds appropriately
- Expresses ideas in a clear, fluent and concise manner
- Written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience
- Adapts management style to achieve optimum results
- Clarifies roles and responsibilities
- Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction
- Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change
- Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives
- Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results
- Recognizes when change is necessary
- Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision
- Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances
- Takes a long-term view of organizational success
- Works to clarify long term organizational goals
- Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively
- Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others
- Mobilizes people into action
- Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to own point of view
Key Candidate Qualifications
- Extensive experience in leading and designing complex data-intensive applications.
- Extensive functional and technical knowledge of banking processes, systems and methods for regulatory compliance with a strong preference for risk management and more specifically credit risk.
- Experience leading large complex programs that cut across multiple lines of business and dealing with multiple stakeholders.
- University or post-graduate degree.
This role is located in Toronto and will require some travel.
Our Client is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
Our Client is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, our Client will work with you to meet your needs.