THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client designs and manufactures electronic systems and subsystems for sale to OEMs around the world. The firm has earned a worldwide reputation for delivering reliable, cost-effective solutions and for providing outstanding customer service on a global basis.
Our client offers a unique combination of proven technology platforms, modified platforms, custom-designs and global manufacturing services. The firm’s portfolio includes over 1500 field-proven designs, a testament to their experience and versatility. This extensive design portfolio enables our client to rapidly modify existing platforms to meet specific customer requirements, which minimizes costs and shortens development cycles.
Our client is privately owned, highly successful and Toronto-based.
Scope of Position
This role is both tactical and strategic and will report directly to the President. The Director Finance will have responsibility for evaluating and impacting the effectiveness of company systems and controls on a wide range of processes supporting strategic and long-range planning. It will oversee all financial and administrative matters of the company and reporting on them in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Develop and participate in implementing goals, objectives, policies, standards and internal controls for the client
- Provide professional assistance to management on budgets and related matters
- Prepare long-range revenue projections and expenditure forecasts
- Report financial plans and results to President and senior management with weekly/monthly financial statement
- Conduct an audit of the stipulated systems/processes, in order to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of internal control systems and to link it to the financial reporting
- Provide leadership, guidance and mentorship to the finance staff in the organization
- Providing the primary financial interface in support of the CEO to banking institutions and other outside interested parties, relating to the Company’s finances and its financial operations and activities
- Serve as a champion for operational excellence
- Examine functional areas such as Finance, Procurement, Scheduling, Engineering, Production, Sales, and conduct special reviews of, for example, cost and performance management of departments, in order to identify potential inefficiencies to achieve long-term improvement of functional performance
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
Specific performance measures will be agreed upon with the successful candidate prior to joining the organization.
The following competencies listed below define the role of – Director Finance at Confidential
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Expresses ideas in a clear, fluent and concise manner. Written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience. Comprehends communications from others and responds appropriately.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Interpersonal Understanding & Sensitivity
Accurately predicts others’ reactions to events. Displays concern and respect for individuals’ feelings and opinions. Understands others’ attitudes, interests and needs. Takes time to listen to others’ problems.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Adopts an energetic approach. Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks. Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Strives for excellence in products, processes and/or services through continued evaluation, enhancement and redefinition of quality standards.
Draws parallels across situations and contexts. Divides problems into their individual elements. Develops several explanations or alternatives. Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Commerce or Administration with CA or equivalent designation;
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing and accounting computer application systems to supply the most accurate and comprehensive financial information. Familiar with factories and scheduling (routing, standard times ie. how products gets through the factory
- More than 5-8 years of progressive, hands-on experience in financial management in a manufacturing environment with increasing responsibilities for multi-faceted direction and planning, including in-depth analysis of corporate business data;
- Experience with international accounting, taxes, contracts;
- The ability to put value creation into perspective and know what makes the business tick – a strong business understanding
- Experience with lean manufacturing and cost accounting;
- Experience in strategic planning and executions;
- Experience in Risk Management with development of contingency plans;
- Knowledge of federal and provincial financial regulations including income tax, commodity tax, payroll deductions, WSIB, labour standards, privacy standard;
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive base salary, variable bonus and benefits package