THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our Client is a leading global provider of innovative communication software products, solutions and services. The Company’s award-winning solutions enable operators to monetize the lifetime value of each subscriber transaction while personalizing the subscriber experience to meet mainstream, niche and individual market segment requirements. The Company’s revenue generating solutions provide advanced converged billing, rating, charging and policy for voice, messaging and new generation data services to over 60 network operators in over 50 countries.
Scope of the Position
The Company’s is extending its leadership position in the Turnkey Converged Billing (TCB) market. We are seeking a savvy, results oriented product leader, with a clear track record of accomplishments, to lead this critical portfolio and drive it to even higher levels of market and business success.
This individual will own the P&L of the TCB portfolio, and will champion both internally and externally focused efforts which will include: market and competitive assessment, product line strategy, prioritizing and securing investments, build/buy decisions, maximizing leverage of partnerships, product life cycle management, and requirements definition.
The individual must have a strong ability to lead cross functional teams in achieving significant and complex objectives. The individual must also have the leadership and management skills to staff and lead a team of product managers to peak performance.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Build, manage, develop and motivate a top-rated global product management organization which will own end to end product strategy and implementation.
- Identify global opportunities and implement product strategies to take advantage of such opportunities.
- Build and present business cases to support new market entries or product development initiatives. Establish selection criteria for product opportunities.
- Work with the sales and engineering organizations providing all necessary support to ensure organizational efforts are consistent for the successful realization of product vision.
- Oversee/complete competitive analysis against key criteria. Identify, analyze and distill customer requirements into a prioritized set suitable to achieve the business goals of the company.
- Ensure customer escalation issues pertaining to product requirements are addressed in a timely and constructive fashion.
- Oversee the review process of design documents produced by R&D to ensure correlation with the product requirements document and consistency with product roadmap.
- Develop and nurture relationships with key customers. Present and engage with customers at both a technical and business level.
- Work with product marketing including positioning, collateral and other resources necessary to the success of the field organizations.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance metrics will be discussed and agreed upon prior to the successful candidate joining the firm.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Strong, results-oriented professional with extensive background in the global telecommunications space
- Preference will be given to candidates with backgrounds in OSS/BSS products and markets.
- 10+ years of experience in Product Management, or similar roles.
- Proven track record of product leadership resulting in market and business success.
- The ability to travel globally.