THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
Our client is a data-driven marketing and analytics company. It provides clients with the customer insights they need to make smarter business decisions and build relevant, rewarding and long-term one-to-one relationships, evolving the value exchange to the mutual benefit of both clients and consumers.
The company operates globally from a Canadian head office.
The General Manager of Data Management and Business Intelligence (BI) will report into the VP IT and have responsibility for the organization’s Information Management areas including Data Warehousing, Big Data, Business Intelligence, Data Visualization and Master Data Management (MDM). This position will be responsible for maturing and communicating the IT data management and BI strategy and data standards, execution of strategic projects to realize the data management / BI strategy and target state, directing the IT data governance program and managing day-to-day operations for our data/reporting systems and data stores. This individual will work closely with internal IT, GMs Analytics and Advanced Analytics and other business stakeholders to identify and exploit opportunities to utilize, business intelligence solutions, data visualization, big data, data marts, data warehouse systems and MDM to improve business processes and decision making capabilities.
- Partner with business stakeholders to ensure alignment of the IT data strategy and business data strategy, support the technical needs of the business teams, communicate knowledge and use of data and analytical tools to drive insight into the lines of business to drive revenue, reduce cost and improve member and partner experience.
- Develop strategic BI and data warehousing directions and align data warehousing and BI projects with the business strategy.
- Oversees the department’s budget and provide input to the profit plan and capital plan in order to ensure optimal services while achieving financial objectives.
- Provide leadership support for Data Management and BI organization – fourteen people plus consultants.
- Participate in the Architecture Governance process and provide sign-off for data management and Business Intelligence area.
- Play a leadership role in the Data Governance Council to refine data governance strategies and manage/optimize the underlying systems and processes for data governance including data quality, meta data management, data lineage and data protection.
- Oversees the ongoing enhancement and operations of data warehouse, data marts, business intelligence and big data environments.
Key Candidate Qualifications
- 15+ years of IT executive experience, previously held senior leadership roles in large organizations
- 15+ years of providing executive leadership into the development and deployment of data warehousing, data marts, operational data stores, and business intelligence projects and programs
- Sound experience in data governance, data stewardship, data quality management and data architecture standardization
- Leadership style that exhibits strategic thinking, high energy, collaboration, direct communication and results orientation
- Experience in the implementation and migration to “Big Data” solutions (e.g. Hadoop, 360-degree customer views with structure and non-structured data, etc.)
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent commercial skill and the ability to interpret business requirements and translate those into actionable and practical technology strategies
- Strong communications and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to collaborate with business and IT leaders to develop recommendations and solutions
- Highly preferred experience in omni-channel or marketing and analytics services.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal, French written and verbal skills are highly desirable.
- Bachelor in Computer Sciences or equivalent is a must. MBA is an asset.