Software - Vice President Global Sales - Toronto
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a leading global provider of innovative technology and services to large enterprises. Ontario-based and publicly traded, the firm is well known for its entrepreneurial culture and profitable, consistent growth. The company's award-winning products and services are the cornerstones of this growth.
Recently, our client announced a major, bold acquisition, in the process radically transforming itself and its market position. The firm is now a major player in its sector with almost 2000 employees in locations around the world. Furthermore, the acquisition is expected to be but a precursor of others to come as our client strives for further growth in a consolidating sector.
Scope of Position
Reporting directly to the COO, the Vice President Global Sales will assume responsibility for world-wide sales activities in pursuit of the company’s revenue and growth objectives. Driving top line results, the Vice-President Global Sales will act as the company’s senior sales executive and will be responsible for activities across all customer, geographic and product segments. Directly managing an internal team of upwards of 100 professionals responsible for The Vice President Global Sales will be responsible for the evolution and continual development, as well as performance measurement of the sales teams, customer acquisition, market competitiveness, pricing, compensation and channel strategies.
This position can be based at the corporation’s headquarters or at another primary office in Europe or the US.
- Lead the development of sales strategies and execute the tactical implementation of the plans across the company’s entire portfolio of products including specific regional strategies
- Oversee the integration and optimization of sales operations of acquired companies operational structure
- Establish sales metrics and KPIs and to develop and implement enhanced sales processes to monitor accurate sales funnels and forecasts
- Evaluate the entire sales organization and oversee any required re-assignment of resources and the hiring of new personnel, with the objective of developing a high-performance sales organization, appropriate for the company’s maturity/size
- Establish compensation, training, and sales incentive programs
- Maintain and enhance existing customer relationships while developing strategies for expanding the company’s customer base
- Develop pricing policies, including volume discounts and terms and conditions, for high-profile customers and channel partners
- Participate in the company’s strategy planning sessions bringing forward innovative ideas and plans in an attempt to bring the company to the next level
- Assist with corporate positioning and competitive analysis, customer segment selection and penetration plans, and related product positioning
- Where appropriate, act as a spokesperson for the company with press and analysts and at industry events
- Evaluate and improve current strategic alliance agreements, as well as Identify and develop new strategic alliances, and enable the channels to close/grow new major customer accounts
- Report results to the senior executive team and Board on a regular basis, articulating performance against plans, customer or market issues and improvement opportunities
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific measures of performance will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of - VP Global Sales at our client.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Recognizes when change is necessary. Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives. Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change. Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Developing & Coaching Others
Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of employees. Challenges others to improve their abilities and actively supports their development. Continually provides timely and constructive feedback, coaching and challenging learning opportunities. Adjusts coaching style based on each employee's ability and motivation level.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization's total expenses and revenues.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- A University Degree in Business or Technology. M.B.A preferred
- 15+ years progressive sales leadership experience with at least 5 years in a senior executive management position with a telecom or enterprise software solutions vendor, with revenues in excess of $100mm and large team
- Must have significant change management experience, having participated in the amalgamation and integration of teams into a single entity
- Experience in managing global teams
- A bias for action combined with a hands-on approach and an entrepreneurial spirit
- A sophisticated knowledge of how to build and manage large high performing teams.
- An attention to detail and a style characterized by 'straight-talk'.
- A sophisticated understanding or the processes and metrics required for sales success
- A willingness to travel extensively
Remuneration & Benefits
A highly competitive compensation package